Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Sister



I entered the balcony, it was balcony before but dad renovated to be a study room.
It was surrounding with thick glasses frame in steel. The window opened, night breeze blowing and the room was nice and cold.

I saw her playing with her net book.
She turned her face knowing me coming "Whats up sis?"
"Nothing special" I sat in front of her.
I could not avoid to watch her.

The first time I checked her carefully.
She was skinny, unusual skinny. She was wearing a backless top.
Even worst on her, her shoulder was only bone, no fat at all.
Her arm was thin and long.

Her eyes starring to the computer, it was empty look.
She did not even feel my presence.
She kept playing with the keyboard.
She talked things I did not understand.
She was not well, mentally and physically.
Seemed she has passed through long difficult journey without eating and sleeping months.

"Are you ok?" I asked her. She nodded.
"How's everything?" then she started talking about nonsense, the ghost, the noise she heard, her husband, same as a week before. I felt bitter, so bitter.
She is my sister and still will. But her mind was broken.

I left her she still did not even notice.

When I was driving home, I remember how she was before.
She was taller than me, darker skin than me, prettier and had more boyfriends than me.
She always attracted guys attention till 3 years ago, at her 40's
She is friendly, easy to chat with, caring, everybody loves her.
She always has the attention from my neighbor, relatives, teacher or my dad's staff.
They loved her.
She is my dad star.
She meant everything for my dad while I always fought with my dad :-)

She always got very nice stuff, expensive bag, nice and expensive dress.
She took care her appearance from head to toes, nail art, polished nail, huge expensive perfume smell, beautiful, thick up to date hair style and glamour looks.

While I was still wearing a torn jeans and never wore a make up.
She hang out with friends to the club while I went for hiking and climbing the mountain.

She was smart independence woman, she made a fortune but she always had a problem financially.
Messy money management. But she was ok, still healthy and happy.

She married again 2 years ago.
She disappeared. Just like that. No calls no news nothing.
Then abrakadabra she was back 5 months ago.

There she was just like what I have seen.
Nothing left from the past. Not even healthy mind.
She looked like walking dead creatures.
Ugly. Broke. Empty.

She was barely do something. She could sit in that room from morning to midnight. Everyday.

What happened my lovely sista?

Everybody shocked.

But it was too late.
She is addicted and she would not be back.

My tears dropped...





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am ME In all the world there is No one else exactly like me There are persons who have Parts like me, but no one who Adds me up exactly like me Therefore, everything that comes out of me is authentically MINE because I alone chose it “Virginia Satir”